Political settlement only viable option to end Afghan conflict, PM Imran tells ex-US envoy
Regional security environment was necessary to realize the economic agenda of his government, he added.
Former US Ambassador Cameron Munter calls on Prime Minister Imran Khan— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) January 15, 2019
Mr. Cameron Munter, former US Ambassador to Pakistan (2010-12) called on the Prime Minister today at PM’s Office.@ImranKhanPTI pic.twitter.com/2yH8Ci24sM
Welcoming Ambassador Munter, he reiterated the importance of a strong Pakistan-US relationship based on mutuality of interest and trust.
The Prime Minister noted his government’s priorities to bring about a meaningful transformation in the lives of Pakistani citizens through socio-economic development and equitable distribution of resources.
Mr. Munter recalled his past stay in Pakistan as a remarkable experience in his diplomatic career.
He informed that as a former diplomat and now as President of East West Institute (EWI), a prominent think tank, he continues to advocate strong relationship between Pakistan and United States.
- Pakistan signs $1.1bn deal with Qatar to import oil, LNG02:37 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- UN, US hail Pakistan-India agreement to ceasefire at LoC in disputed ...02:20 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 7 | Sultans bowl first against Qalandars – Live Score ...02:00 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- This Indian actress agrees Karachi has the best food in South Asia01:22 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021