AIOU continues 'fee installment scheme’ to facilitate needy students
This facility will be available for the forthcoming (Autumn 2018) admissions that begin from 1st August, a press release on Sunday said.
This is in line with the University’s motto, ensuring Education to All. “We wish to facilitate our students who could not continue their education due to financial constraints, said Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Shahid Siddiqui while highlighting the University’s Students’ support system at an academic meeting held here.
Needy and deserving students who are unable to deposit the whole fee of a semester could take benefit of this scheme. For this purpose, they may contact their respective Regional Offices.
Sufficient amount has been allocated in the annual budget to support poor and needy students through scholarships and fee-waiver.
The Vice-Chancellor has taken a number initiatives during the last about three and half years, providing free education to marginalized sections of the society including prisoners, disabled, drop-out girls and transgenders.
He has directed the Director Admissions and Regional Directors of 44 Regional offices across the country to provide maximum facilities to the applicants in the admission process.
He also advised the Regional Directors to set up special Facilitation Centers at their offices for the guidance and support of the aspiring students.
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021