Naghmana Hashmi takes charge as Pakistan's new ambassador to China
BEIJING – Naghmana A. Hashmi on Monday assumed charge as Pakistan 's new ambassador to China and presented a copy of his credentials to Hong Lei, Director General of Protocol Department, at the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This relationship had developed with the continuous efforts of successive generations of leaders and diplomats from both countries, she added.
The Ambassador expressed her desire to working closely with counterparts in China to further develop this deep-rooted friendship.
He said "Pakistan and China are old friends and iron brothers. This is a special relationship." Director General Hong Lei offered the full support of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Ambassador in her new role.
Past appointments included Additional Foreign Secretary for the Americas at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ambassador to Ireland. She has also served previously as Deputy Head of Mission in China .
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019