Naghmana Hashmi takes charge as Pakistan's new ambassador to China
BEIJING – Naghmana A. Hashmi on Monday assumed charge as Pakistan's new ambassador to China and presented a copy of his credentials to Hong Lei, Director General of Protocol Department, at the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This relationship had developed with the continuous efforts of successive generations of leaders and diplomats from both countries, she added.
The Ambassador expressed her desire to working closely with counterparts in China to further develop this deep-rooted friendship.
He said "Pakistan and China are old friends and iron brothers. This is a special relationship." Director General Hong Lei offered the full support of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Ambassador in her new role.
Past appointments included Additional Foreign Secretary for the Americas at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ambassador to Ireland. She has also served previously as Deputy Head of Mission in China.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020