Asif Zardari summoned in Thatha Water Supply reference case
ISLAMABAD – An Accountability Court on Wednesday summoned former president Asif Ali Zardari and other accused on August 4, to indict in Thatha Water Supply reference connected with fake account scam.
AC-II Judge Azam Khan conducted hearing on a Thatha Water Supply reference filed by National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
At the outset of hearing, Zardari's lawyer Farouk H. Naek pleaded that his client could not appear before the court in person due to outbreak of coronavirus in the country.
At this, the court ordered National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to make video link arrangement for attendance of the accused so that their indictment process could be completed.
However, the court declared the co-accused Ishfaq Lighari as proclaimed offender due to his continuous disappearance and ordered other fourteen accused to appear on next hearing for indictment. Former chief minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah was also nominated in the same case.
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020