Senior police official, three family members gunned down in Quetta
The son, daughter-in-law and grandson of the police officer were also martyred in the attack which took place in the Nawa Kali area of the provincial capital.
The police official, SP Investigation Mohammad Ilyas, and his family members were travelling in a vehicle when they were targetted by unknown gunmen on motorcycles.
The attackers managed to flee the scene of the incident. Security forces have initiated their investigation after reaching the crime scene.
The attack on the SP was condemned by chief minister Balochistan and instructed the relevant authorities to ensure the arrest of the attackers and take them to the task.
Ilyas is the second senior police official assassinated in Quetta in the span of a week.
Around eight others, including police officials, were said to be injured in the attack on the vehicle of the senior police officer.
DIG Hamid Shakeel, who was heading the motor transport and telecommunications department, and two other police officials were martyred when the DIG's convoy was targetted in a bomb attack.
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan assures Sri Lanka of justice in Sialkot incident10:55 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam on top after smashing most 50s and 100s in 202110:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Indian fighter jet's tyre stolen in Lucknow09:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021