Punjab issues SOPs for public rallies, gatherings amid COVID-19
LAHORE - The Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department has issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for public rallies and other gatherings in the province.
A notification by Punjab health department has been issued in this regard, stating that the government has allowed public rallies, cultural festivals, exhibitions, seminars, political movements, rallies, and public processions after looking at the COVID-19 situation in the area.
Following SOPs have been issued for the public gatherings:
No such public gathering should be allowed in the district if the Covid-19 positivity rate is above 5 percent and the venue should be selected on the basis of space required i.e. 6/feet person.
The venue for very high to medium risk gathering should be communicated to the district government.
Senior citizens, children, and persons with chronic ailments should be discouraged to participate in the gathering, moreover, people with ailing symptoms should not be allowed to enter the rally.
The provision of hand hygiene facilities has been made mandatory, along with social distancing and usage of mask.
According to a notification, district administration and district health authority has been directed to closely monitor the implementation of SOPs.
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020