Security officials among six injured in twin blasts near Pak-Afghan border
PESHAWAR - At least six people, including security officials, were injured after two explosions reportedly occurred near Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
According to local media, the twin blasts took place near Torkham crossing following the Jumma prayers in the area a day after both countries held military talks in Kabul.
After the blasts, the gate at Torkham crossing has been shut for any kind of movement, while security forces have cordoned off the area to collect the evidence.
A search operation has been launched in the area.
On Thursday, a six-member military delegation headed by DGMO Pakistan Army, Major General Shair Shamshad Mirza held meeting with Afghan officials at Ministry of Defence in Kabul.
In the bilateral meeting, important issues linked to cross-border fire and attacks, counter terrorism, coordinated actions on respective side along the border and detainees exchange were discussed.
Both sides agreed to make progress in line with the commitments made at recent high level meetings and to formulate an action plan which will contribute towards improving security along the Pak-Afghan border through enhanced cooperation.
Another tripartite meeting among Pakistan, Afghanistan and the US was also held where they resolved to curb Daesh from the region and continue their fight against the common threat of terrorism, reported ISPR.
“Participants re-affirmed their resolve to continue fight against the common threat of terrorism. Areas of mutual security interests and concerns were deliberated upon during the interaction”.
“Three sides expressed their commitment to eliminate Daesh from the region which can best be achieved through information sharing, complementary efforts and enhanced cooperation”.
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020