Plastic bags banned in Balochistan
The resolution, moved by Adviser to the Chief Minister on Information Sardar Raza Mohammad Bareech, was unanimously approved by the House.
Later on Saturday, the Balochistan Environment Protection Agency (EPA) director-general issued an official notification banning the use and production of plastic bags all over the province, renewing the department’s efforts to implement the ban in more effective manner.
The ban will be effective from May 15.
Traders and businesses may face fine for resisting the ban and secret use of plastic bags.
In order to make the ban effective, government officials are also holding consultation with plastic bag producers to convince them to adopt more environment-friendly bags for daily use.
- Guterres commends Pakistan’ contributions towards UN’s charter, ...10:53 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan to name all development projects after top taxpayers09:59 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- PTI announces 3-day mourning as Naeemul Haque laid to rest in Karachi09:53 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- COVID-19: Coronavirus death toll rises to 1,666 in China09:43 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- UN chief Guterres calls for full respect to human rights in Occupied ...09:36 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Shahid Afridi and wife welcome 5th baby girl01:41 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- 10 restaurants in Lahore for a romantic date on V-day12:08 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are reportedly expecting their first ...10:26 AM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019