PEMRA bans ads featuring Indian content, celebrities
“In the wake of recent escalation in tension between the two neighbouring countries on Kashmir issue, Government of Pakistan has announced to celebrate Independence Day on August 14, 2019 as ‘Kashmir Solidarity Day’, however at the same time, advertisements produces in India carrying Indian actors/characters/talent are being aired on Pakistani media, negating the state policy,” said PEMRA in the latest statement.
Prohibition of TVCs produced in India / carrying Indian talent pic.twitter.com/IOtZrqzcfi— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) August 14, 2019
The statement included 11 multinational brands whose content was banned from running on Pakistani television with immediate effect.
The notice further stated, “Moreover, ban on airing of aforementioned advertisements shall remain in the field till the time such advertisements are replaced by the advertisements produced in Pakistan, carrying Pakistani actors/characters/talent are duly approved by PEMRA through Pakistan Advertisement Society (PAS).”
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020