Man jailed for molesting Dangal star Zaira Wasim
MUMBAI - A 41-year-old man was convicted on Wednesday (yesterday) and sentenced to serve jail time by a Mumbai special court for molesting former Bollywood actor Zaira Wasim during a 2017 flight.
Vikas Sachdeva has been given a three-year prison sentence by the court. He was booked under Section 8 of the POCSO Act and Section 354 of the Indian Penal Code.
According to Wasim’s Instagram, a man named Sachdev molested her while she was ‘half asleep’ on her seat, on a flight from Delhi to Mumbai. She explained how he repeatedly touched her inappropriately by moving his foot up and down her neck and back. She also added that she had informed airline staff about the incident but they didn’t help her.
In his defence, the man claimed that he was trying to sleep and the actress mistook it for molestation. Wasim debuted with Amir Khan in the 2016 hit Dangal. The film became a huge success with the starlet garnering immense popularity.
In 2019, Wasim announced that she was quitting acting because the profession “threatened” her relationship with God. Her last movie was The Sky is Pink with Priyanka Chopra.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan extends condolence with Turkey over deaths in fireworks ...12:22 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill Kashmiri youth in Pulwama11:19 AM | 7 Jul, 2020
- 21st martyrdom anniversary of Havaldar Lalak Jan Shaheed being ...10:40 AM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Dreams are the first place where you see yourself as a successful ...05:39 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020