Mullah Fazlullah is alive! Senior journalist comes up with shocking claim
Fazlullah Alive ??— Sami Yousafzai (@Samiyousafzai) June 16, 2018
A senior & reliable Militant source in The region rejects reports about Mula Fazlullah death & said he just survived
asked how?he said US previously claimed IS afg head Abdul Rahman also killed in aug17 but he is also all well&alivehttps://t.co/3mtTDNvup6
On Friday, the reports regarding killing of Mullah Fazlullah and his four commanders during a US drone strike surfaced and that were, later, confirmed by the Afghan authorities.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani also telephoned Pakistan Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday night and shared news about killing of the militant leader, ISPR reported.
President of Afghanistan Mr Ashraf Ghani called COAS and shared news about killing of Mullah Fazal Ullah (MFU) in a drone strike in Kunar Province of Afghanistan. MFU was hiding there since 2009 and masterminded scores of terrorist attacks against Pakistan including APS. pic.twitter.com/6TltYn46nL— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) June 15, 2018
Retweeting the post of Sami Yousafzai, renowned Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir said, "If Mullah Fazalullah is alive then Afghan President should resign because he is calling people and claiming that TTP head is dead".
If Mullah Fazalullah is alive then Afghan President should resign because he is calling people and claiming that TTP head is dead https://t.co/rVxyMIkSuh— Hamid Mir (@HamidMirPAK) June 16, 2018
A Pakistani newspaper has also shared pictures of purported grave of the head of the outlawed organisation.
TTP has also not confirmed the death of its senor leader. Earlier, the reports regarding killing of Fazlullah had surfaced in 2015 but turned out to be fake.
Fazlullah was involved in high profile attacks such as December 2014 attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar that killed 151 people, including 132 students. Following the attack, Pakistan Army launched high-level campaign against them, forcing them to flee the country.
The US also said Fazlullah ordered the 2012 attempted assassination of Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani Nobel laureate.
Fazlullah had been on the run since his loyalists were routed in a major military operation in Swat district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in 2009.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021