Zulfi Bukhari comes in defence of First Lady Bushra Bibi after Kardar’s leaked call
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari, Tuesday said it should be foremost priority of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) workers to pay respect to Prime Minister Imran Khan and First lady Bushra Begum.
In a tweet, he referred to the 'inappropriate' remarks of PTI's Member of Punjab Assembly, Uzma Kardar, about the first lady. Criticizing Uzma Kardar for her remarks, the SAPM said, "One can't expect her to understand the caliber of First Lady but it is extremely shameful of Uzma Kardar to be talking behind her back.
"PM & First Lady's respect comes foremost for all of us. Embarrassing behaviour from anyone who claims to be associated with the party," Zulfikar Bukhari added to his tweet.
Uzma Kardar removed from PTI media committee ... 07:54 PM | 15 Jun, 2020
LAHORE – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Uzma Kardar on Monday removed from Media Strategy Committee of Punjab ...
On Monday, PTI leader Uzma Kardar on Monday removed from Media Strategy Committee of Punjab following the leak of her alleged video call online in which she made controversial statements about Prime Minister Imran Khan’s wife Bushra Bibi and others.
In the call, Kardar claimed that the first lady possessed spiritual powers like controlling jinns, adding that she had taken control of everything at Imran Khan’s Bani Gala residence.
She went on to say that Bushra Bibi, who married the PTI chairman in 2018, had also restricted the movement of party leaders in the residence and revealed that there was a line, which is not crossed by anybody.
The PTI can be heard in the leaked call saying that ‘establishment’ is controlling the media, adding that both the government and establishment were on the same page. She termed it a good sign and remarked it was impossible for any government to survive without establishment’s support.
She also remarked about former special assistant to PM on information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan and MPA Sabeen Gul and claimed that Gul was given a special protocol at every visit of Punjab chief minister to Multan.
She also remarked about Mehr Tarar and provincial information minister Fayazul Hassan Chohan.
- #CSS2020: Shazia Ishaq becomes first PSP officer from Chitral09:38 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021