Zulfi Bukhari comes in defence of First Lady Bushra Bibi after Kardar’s leaked call
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari, Tuesday said it should be foremost priority of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) workers to pay respect to Prime Minister Imran Khan and First lady Bushra Begum.
In a tweet, he referred to the 'inappropriate' remarks of PTI's Member of Punjab Assembly, Uzma Kardar, about the first lady. Criticizing Uzma Kardar for her remarks, the SAPM said, "One can't expect her to understand the caliber of First Lady but it is extremely shameful of Uzma Kardar to be talking behind her back.
"PM & First Lady's respect comes foremost for all of us. Embarrassing behaviour from anyone who claims to be associated with the party," Zulfikar Bukhari added to his tweet.
On Monday, PTI leader Uzma Kardar on Monday removed from Media Strategy Committee of Punjab following the leak of her alleged video call online in which she made controversial statements about Prime Minister Imran Khan’s wife Bushra Bibi and others.
In the call, Kardar claimed that the first lady possessed spiritual powers like controlling jinns, adding that she had taken control of everything at Imran Khan’s Bani Gala residence.
She went on to say that Bushra Bibi, who married the PTI chairman in 2018, had also restricted the movement of party leaders in the residence and revealed that there was a line, which is not crossed by anybody.
The PTI can be heard in the leaked call saying that ‘establishment’ is controlling the media, adding that both the government and establishment were on the same page. She termed it a good sign and remarked it was impossible for any government to survive without establishment’s support.
She also remarked about former special assistant to PM on information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan and MPA Sabeen Gul and claimed that Gul was given a special protocol at every visit of Punjab chief minister to Multan.
She also remarked about Mehr Tarar and provincial information minister Fayazul Hassan Chohan.
- Outgoing Chinese ambassador calls on Pakistan Army chief11:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 56 Indian fishermen for trespassing Pakistani waters11:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 'Success' for Pakistan as ICSID stays over $6b fine in Reko Diq case11:08 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder10:46 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani Rupee strengthens against dollar10:22 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Khalilur Rehman Qamar in hot waters over his stance on feminism once ...04:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai, Beyoncé and others to feature in a film on global ...02:57 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Rana Khan is not interested in meeting Turkish actor Cavit ...02:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020