IHC sets aside CDA's restriction, allows NCC to play cricket at National Cricket Ground
The cricketers and the National Cricket Club, including its President Shabbir Ahmad, have filed a constitutional petition 932/2017 through Yasser Latif Hamdani, Advocate High Court, and Barrister Omer Azad Malik, Advocate High Court, before the Islamabad High Court challenging the CDA’s decision to seal the National Cricket Ground and dispossess the cricket club of the ground.
Justice Minallah observed that the nature of amenity plots could not be arbitrarily changed.
The petitioners through the legal team of Yasser Latif Hamdani and Omer Azad Malik argued that the decision of CDA to stop cricketers from playing cricket at a public cricket ground was in negation of the constitutional fundamental rights under Article 9 and Article 26 of the Constitution.
Yasser Latif Hamdani argued that Article 26 of the Constitution allows every member of the public unfettered access to public parks and grounds. He further argued that denying this fundamental right was detrimental to the careers of professional cricketers who were part of the National Cricket Club.
The next hearing is scheduled to take place on 27 March 2017.
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022