India test-fires advanced interceptor missile
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) - India has successfully test-fired an indigenously developed supersonic interceptor missile from a test range on the Odisha coast, which is capable of destroying any incoming hostile ballistic missile .
“The test conducted to validate various parameters of the interceptor in flight mode has been successful,” Defence Research Development Organisation sources said.
According to The Hindu, the test was conducted off the Odisha coast where the interceptor was engaged against a target that was a naval version of Prithvi missile launched from a ship]. The interceptor roared through its trajectory to destroy the incoming ‘hostile missile’ mid-air.
“The ‘kill’ effect of the interceptor was ascertained by analyzing data from multiple tracking sources,” a DRDO scientist said. “It is a 7.5-metre-long single stage solid rocket propelled guided missile equipped with a navigation system, a hi-tech computer and an electro-mechanical activator.”
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019