PM Imran approves Rs100b Kamyab Jawan Program to empower youth
In a meeting chaired by him and also attended by Special Assistant to PM Usman Dar, the prime minister nodded to the comprehensive and coordinated program for youth's welfare to realize the government's vision.
Usman Dar briefed the prime minister in detail about the program and the measures to be taken under the initiative.
The prime minister was told that the previous governments could not bring in desired outcomes from their respective youth development programs despite spending heavy funds.
It was told that Kamyab Jawan Program would encompass multiple programs aimed at creating education and job opportunities and skills development to utilize youth's capabilities constructively.
The SAPM told the prime minister that National Youth Development Framework and National Youth Council had been formed under Strategic Youth Development Roadmap. For the first time, feedback would also be sought from the youth through a PM's Youth Pulse Portal to incorporate their input in national development and policy formulation.
The prime minister was told that National Youth Development Index would be established and more than 40 sectors had been identified for youth's empowerment through coordination between the Federal and provincial departments.
Among the programs to be initiated under Kamyab Jawan Program included Youth Economic Development Empowerment Program, PM Green Youth Movement, PM Startup Pakistan, Internship Program, Hunermand Program and Kamyab Jawan Employment Exchange Program.
For the first time, a database and PM Employment Exchange Platform would be established using the data obtained from the universities and vocational training institutes. This platform would be linked with all national institutions to get updates about the vacancies there to facilitate the youth to search and get jobs.
The prime minister appreciated the services of Usman Dar for formulating a comprehensive program that would be formally announced after its approval by the federal cabinet.
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Babar Azam announces 13-member squad for second Test against ...06:29 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistan allows use of airspace by Canadian plane carrying aid to ...05:53 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021