Pervez Khattak tasked to defuse Fazl's 'Azadi' march
The decision was made during a meeting presided over by Prime Minister Imran Khan. The premier, who was earlier not in favour of talks with JUI-F's chief Maulana Fazal ur Rehman, is of the view that there is no hesitation to hold negotiations for a political settlement of the issue, local media reported.
Defence Minister Pervez Khattak has reportedly been assigned task to form a committee and select members for it.
The members of the committee, which will be headed by Khattak, is likely to be announced tonight.
On the other hand, Rehman sees no possibility of talks with the government. He said, "We have no information about any committee and no one has approached us for talks. He added that negotiations can only be held after the resignation of the prime minister.
The protest march, which is also dubbed by the JUI-F chief as Azadi March, would be started with the support of key opposition parties - Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party - on October 27 from Sukkur.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022