J&K police file FIR against army for tying Kashmiri youth to jeep as human shield
The first information report (FIR) has been filed in the Beerwa police station in Budgam district where the horrific incident took place that exposed the true face of Indian version of democracy.
Confirming the same, deputy inspector general of police for central Kashmir, Ghulam Hassan Bhat told Hindustan Times that the FIR was registered on April 13.
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti wrote on her official Facebook page, “In the ‘human shield’ video case FIR No 38/17 U/S 342/149/506&367 RPC has been registered in Police Station Beerwah on 13/4/17 . Investigation is being conducted by SDPO Magam'
The man strapped to the jeep in the video was identified as 26-year-old Farooq Ahmad Dar, who on April 9 showed up outside a polling booth in Arizal’s Chill Bras area, defying a separatist boycott call.
Former J-K chief minister Omar Abdullah had tweeted the video on Friday saying, "Here's the video as well. A warning can be heard saying stone pelters will meet this fate. This requires an urgent inquiry & follow up NOW!!"
Here's the video as well. A warning can be heard saying stone pelters will meet this fate. This requires an urgent inquiry & follow up NOW!! pic.twitter.com/qj1rnCVazn— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) April 14, 2017
Dar claimed that he never pelted stones at security forces. Detailing the incident, he said that he was pulled from his motorcycle by army personnel, tied to the front of the vehicle and driven around from village to village for hours.
'I was tied to the front of the jeep. On my chest, a white paper was tucked under the rope. I could only see my name written on it,' Dar said, further adding that 'On the way, soldiers were shouting to people, ‘come throw stones at one of your own’. People were running away. They were scared. I was told not to utter a word to anyone or they would shoot me.'
Following outrage over the video, the army ordered an inquiry.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021