UNSC report acknowledges Pakistan's counter-terrorism efforts
ISLAMABAD - The monitoring team of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Sanctions Committee in its recently published 22nd report lauded Pakistan’s counter-terrorism efforts by acknowledging that extensive counter-terrorist operations in the country have led to a reduction in the terrorism in the country.
This is not the first time that the monitoring team has acknowledged Pakistan’s counter-terrorism gains, said the foreign office in Islamabad on Friday.
The foreign office said that earlier in February 2018, the monitoring team in its 21st report had also noted with appreciation that Pakistani military operations have “denied space for ISIL to establish an organizational structure in the area. Terrorist attacks claimed by ISIL are mainly carried out by members of local groups with cross-border planning and support by ISIL.”
Besides the UNSC Monitoring Team, the improvement in overall security situation in Pakistan has also been acknowledged by many neutral observers, including the Global Terrorism Index (GTI) of the Institute for Economics, which in its 2017 report also acknowledged the decrease in terrorist incidents in Pakistan.
“Pakistan remains committed to defeat terrorism at immense human and economic cost,” the foreign office added.
It said that Pakistan’s widely recognized successes against terrorism were possible due to its unwavering resolve and indiscriminate counter-terrorism efforts.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020