Nawaz, Maryam land in Lahore; expected to appear before court on Tuesday
Talking to media in London, Nawaz said that Imran Khan was judged under a different standard than him. This will not be allowed to continue as a countrywide movement would be launched against this decision.
Former premier added that two scales of justice for the same law would not be accepted, adding the decision speaks for itself.
He said that a PM had been ousted for possessing Iqama (work permit) while a person (Imran Khan) was let off even when he admitted to concealing his offshore firm.
They are not considering a business involving millions of pounds as an asset but declared my imaginary salary as an asset, Nawaz said. Our each and every word uttered following the July 28 verdict was becoming reality.
The former premier vowed to do everything for the supremacy of law and Constitution. My struggle is for the rule of law in the country.
An anti-corruption court hearing graft cases against the Shraif family has granted him exemption from appearance for a week. Next hearing is on Dec 19.
Earlier on Friday, the Supreme Court handed down judgement in the Imran Khan, Jahangir Tareen disqualification case, rejecting Hanif Abbasi's petition for Khan's disqualification but disqualifying Jahangir Tareen for life.
- Biden approves $976m for Afghan refugees in US06:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- CricWick, Daraz partners to provide In-App Fantasy League for T20 ...04:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021