Nawaz, Maryam land in Lahore; expected to appear before court on Tuesday
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz reached Lahore on Sunday morning after spending a few days with his ailing wife who is under treatment at a cancer hospital in London.
Talking to media in London, Nawaz said that Imran Khan was judged under a different standard than him. This will not be allowed to continue as a countrywide movement would be launched against this decision.
Former premier added that two scales of justice for the same law would not be accepted, adding the decision speaks for itself.
He said that a PM had been ousted for possessing Iqama (work permit) while a person (Imran Khan) was let off even when he admitted to concealing his offshore firm.
They are not considering a business involving millions of pounds as an asset but declared my imaginary salary as an asset, Nawaz said. Our each and every word uttered following the July 28 verdict was becoming reality.
The former premier vowed to do everything for the supremacy of law and Constitution. My struggle is for the rule of law in the country.
An anti-corruption court hearing graft cases against the Shraif family has granted him exemption from appearance for a week. Next hearing is on Dec 19.
Earlier on Friday, the Supreme Court handed down judgement in the Imran Khan, Jahangir Tareen disqualification case, rejecting Hanif Abbasi's petition for Khan's disqualification but disqualifying Jahangir Tareen for life.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019