Pakistan F-16 sale should not concern India: Pentagon
The decision by the US State Department to sell additional F-16 aircraft to Pakistan and a subsequent notification to Congress by the Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) which broker government-to-government arms sale came in the face of staunch resistance by the Indian lobby in Washington and some US Congressmen who argued these fighter jets would be used against India.
The Pentagon spokesperson again reiterated the point at the briefing about the importance of the F-16 deal.
“We think this is a capability that will help Pakistan in its counterterrorism effort and we think that’s in the national security interests of the United States,” he said.
India had expressed its disappointment at the decision by the Obama administration to sell F-16 aircraft to help Pakistan in its counter terrorism operations. Pakistan has expressed its surprise over the Indian reaction to the proposed deal.
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021