India removes Imran Khan’s portrait from cricket club
The Indian move came after Pulwama attack that killed 44 CRPF soldiers in the occupied Kashmir.
Former cricketer and Pakistan 's Prime Minister Imran Khan's portrait was placed in CCI’s 'All-rounder' restaurant while a photograph of Pakistani team, including the prime minister, was also placed on one of the walls of the club.
Both of the pictures have now been removed.
Following the Pulwama attack on a convoy of 78 vehicles carrying some 2,500 members of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), India revoked its Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan – a move which would enable India to increase customs duty on goods coming from Pakistan .
The status was granted by India in 1995. The grant of MFN status means that a country will treat all World Trade Organisation member states equally in matters of tariffs on imports.
India revokes 'most-favoured nation' status to ... 02:11 PM | 15 Feb, 2019
NEW DELHI – India has withdrawn the 'Most-Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan, blaming the neighbouring country for a ...
On the other hand, Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood said New Delhi has not informed Islamabad about withdrawing Pakistan’s status as Most Favoured Nation (MFN).
The Modi-led government has also announced to take all diplomatic steps to ensure complete isolation of Pakistan in the international community.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019