India removes Imran Khan’s portrait from cricket club
The Indian move came after Pulwama attack that killed 44 CRPF soldiers in the occupied Kashmir.
Former cricketer and Pakistan 's Prime Minister Imran Khan's portrait was placed in CCI’s 'All-rounder' restaurant while a photograph of Pakistani team, including the prime minister, was also placed on one of the walls of the club.
Both of the pictures have now been removed.
Following the Pulwama attack on a convoy of 78 vehicles carrying some 2,500 members of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), India revoked its Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan – a move which would enable India to increase customs duty on goods coming from Pakistan .
The status was granted by India in 1995. The grant of MFN status means that a country will treat all World Trade Organisation member states equally in matters of tariffs on imports.
India revokes 'most-favoured nation' status to ... 02:11 PM | 15 Feb, 2019
NEW DELHI – India has withdrawn the 'Most-Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan, blaming the neighbouring country for a ...
On the other hand, Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood said New Delhi has not informed Islamabad about withdrawing Pakistan’s status as Most Favoured Nation (MFN).
The Modi-led government has also announced to take all diplomatic steps to ensure complete isolation of Pakistan in the international community.
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019