Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman arrives in Pakistan on historic visit
The royal guest was accorded a rousing red-carpet welcome. Led by Imran Khan, the federal cabinet warmly received the Saudi Crown Prince upon arrival at the Nur Khan Airbase. Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and senior Pakistani and Saudi officials were also present.
The Crown Prince, accompanied by a high-powered delegation including members of the Saudi Royal family, key ministers and leading businessmen, was given a 21-gun salute as he alighted from his aeroplane at the Airbase.
A formation of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) F-16 and JF-17 Thunder aircraft escorted the plane of Saudi Crown Prince as it entered the Pakistani airspace.
During his two-day stay, Prince Mohammed bin Salman will call on President Dr Arif Alvi and also meet the Prime Minister and the Chief of Army Staff.
The Saudi Crown Prince, who also holds portfolios of Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, would have discussions with the leadership of Pakistan to further cement the brotherly ties between the two countries, besides deliberating upon a wide range of issues of mutual interests.
The historic arrival of His Highness, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Bin Salman to Pakistan and welcome by the Prime Minister of Pakistan @ImranKhanPTI and other dignitaries. #CrownPrinceinPakistan pic.twitter.com/IfAvCRCfsx
— PTV World (@WorldPTV) February 17, 2019
— Ibrahim Qazi (@miqazi) February 17, 2019
The Saudi guests were provided three-layer box security from the military airbase to the PM House.
Triple-one brigade of the country’s armed forces and Saudi Royal Guards jointly performed the security duties on the occasion.
This is Prince Mohammad’s first state visit to Pakistan since becoming the heir to the throne in 2017.
Earlier, a high-level delegation of Saudi officials, led by Minister of Foreign Affairs Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir, arrived in Pakistan ahead of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s visit on Sunday.
The 19-member Saudi delegation, which came to Pakistan on two special aircraft, was welcomed by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi. The delegation was taken to Islamabad amid tight security.
Security has been put on high alert in the federal capital, with 111 brigades taking over the responsibility of security at Nur Khan airbase.
The Saudi crown prince is likely to reach Islamabad at 7pm on Sunday.
The Saudi Crown Prince will be accorded rousing and warm welcome on his arrival in Pakistan. Prime Minister Imran Khan and his Cabinet will receive the Saudi Crown prince and his high-powered delegation at Nur Khan Airbase.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will himself drive him to the PM House where the Saudi crown prince will stay.
Posters carrying pictures of the Saudi crown prince have been placed across the roads of capital.
A formation of JF-17 Thunder fighter jets will escort the jet of the Crown Prince when it will enter the airspace of Pakistan. The Saudi Crown Prince will be given a 21-gun salute on his arrival.
More info to follow...
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022