PTI joins hands with founder of banned Harkat-ul Mujahideen
Asad Umar, the PTI aspirant for Islamabad’s NA-54, took to Facebook to share the news of the current leader of Ansar-ul-Umma and numerous of his allies and clerics pledging their support for Imran Khan’s party.
“Maulana Fazlur Rehman Khalil along with his several companions and scholars has announced his support for Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf,” read the statement.
The social media post also conveyed Khalil’s intentions to “stay committed in ensuring that Pakistan takes the necessary steps required to turn the country into a true Islamic democratic state.”
Khalil was placed by the US government on Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT) list on September 30, 2014, for his alleged role in Harkatul Mujahideen (HuM) militant organisation, which he reportedly founded in the past. He later founded and is still heading Ansarul Ummah, which he says is a political party. Both HuM and Ansarul Ummah are on the SDGT list.
Pakistan is set to hold general polls on July 25th.
- Rohit Shetty to produce yet another installment of 'Golmaal'11:52 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Will you always be mine? Mystery girl proposes man using pink ...09:19 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Hira Mani has got something to share with fans about her BBC interview08:58 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan and Danish Taimoor's vacation pictures set internet on fire07:55 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022