Pak Met Dept tells Prime Minister its equipment is so old, it can't even be repaired
The Met department briefed the meeting on its existing capacity to make timely forecasts of monsoon and changes in the weather. The meeting was told that the PMD's obsolete radars failed to forecast the weather. It was also agreed that Met department will submit a comprehensive project document, along with financial costing to acquire state-of-the-art radars from the international market.
The meeting which was called on the directions of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also emphasized the need for weather information sharing between Met department and provincial governments to mitigate the risk of natural disasters.
Chairman National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Maj Gen Muhammad Saeed Aleem briefed the meeting and said that the organization was ready with all its stock for any unexpected flooding.
The meeting was attended by Climate Change Secretary, Aviation Secretary, NDMA Chairman, PMD Director General, Federal Flood Commission Chairman and other senior government officials.
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022