Punjab seeks time to decide on extending retirement age to 63
The Punjab government has informed the centre that it would be able to give its 'well considered' view over the matter in July as it was currently busy in handling the affairs related to the budget.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, in a letter, had asked the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as well as Punjab government to deliberate whether the retirement age can be extended to 63 to save money.
The Mehmood Khan-led Khyber Pakhtunkhwa regime extended the age swiftly, however, the Punjab government has sought some time in this regard.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa extends retirement age for ... 08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2019
PESHAWAR - In a landmark decision the Provincial Cabinet of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Friday approved an increase in ...
The letter issued from the prime minister’s office had said that the prime minister desired the (federal) finance secretary to hold consultations with the establishment division and the finance departments of the Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governments to evaluate legal, financial and administrative implication of increasing the age of retirement and early retirement.
“Certainly we are going to minutely work on the proposal in league with the federal government,” an official said while talking to Dawn News.
The government is caught between a rock and a hard place as extending the retirement age limit would cost the fresh job seekers while keeping the limit to 60 costs heavily in terms of pension funds.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 04 December 202008:18 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020