Gen Raheel Sharif holds two-hour long meeting with CIA Director
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the army chief held a two-hour long meeting with the Director of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) John O. Brennan.
During the meeting US top spy acknowledged the role success of Pakistan army's operation Zarb-e-Azb.
Pakistan's efforts to curb militancy have positive impact on security situation, he said.
Mr Brennan also appreciated Pakistani role in Afghan reconciliation process and said that there have been chances of stability and enduring peace in the area.
General Raheel Sharif and CIA Director stressed on the need of permanent stability in South Asian region while discussing the newly prevailing security challenges to the world.
On the occasion the Pakistani military commander said that it was most suitable time to initiate the proposed Afghan-led peace dialogue in war torn country.
Raheel Sharif arrived for a five-day visit in Washington to hold important meetings with US military officials as well the political leadership.
The US Secretary of State John Kerry, National Security Adviser (NSA) to US President Ms. Susan Rice, General Raheel’s counterpart General Mark A Milley and Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunn would be among his interlocutor during his stay in Washington.
According to Director General Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR), Lieutenant General Asim Bajwa, the Army Chief will then visit Brazil for three days.
General Raheel will also spend a day with Pak soldiers in Ivory Coast UN Peace Keeping mission, the DG ISPR added.
The visit is taking place on the invitation of US military leadership and it would encompass military-to-military ties and review of up-and-coming regional security situation as Pakistan is fully cognizant of fast emerging new regional realities.
Exchange of the views between the military leadership of the two countries is the hallmark of the visit where overall security spectrum of bilateral concern is discussed in candid manner.
The military leaders will discuss important subjects like high level mutual visits, training of the personnel and joint exercises in the course of deliberations.
The General will have hectic engagements during his stay in the United States, the sources added.
- Pakistan welcomes US-Taliban talks amid humanitarian crisis in ...07:50 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Senior Civil judge accused of rape, taking bribe arrested in KP07:06 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Aleem Khan steps down as Punjab minister ‘to keep impartiality’06:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Police baton-charge people protesting against Nasla Tower’s ...06:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021