Imran Khan and I are responsible for divorce, not his sisters: Reham Khan
In an article in The Guardian, the TV anchor said it was not true that Imran Khan's sisters pushed him to divorce me. We just could not establish a strong marriage bond between us and hence we broke away in just ten months, she added.
She also narrated her time as the wife of Pakistan's legendary cricketer and politician in a very emotional way.
Following my marriage with Imran Khan the whole country had become just like my in-laws, Reham noted. She said everybody was openly discussing and interfering with our private lives in Pakistan.
While discussing her ambition to join politics, she said that her husband's party never accepted him and several key leaders ran campaign against me saying that they don't want to indulge into party matters.
I had decided to stay out of party's affairs in August this year and my husband also agreed with me, she said.
Earlier in“Why Imran Divorced Me” interview with The Sunday Times, Reham Khan said that she thought Imran Khan was in love with her but it was not true and she was left defenseless against the media criticism.
Reham Khan revealed that her marriage with him was not registered anywhere in Pakistan or Britain.
“Imran Khan did not give me my marriage ring or bangles even,” Reham has been quoted saying.
Nobody from Imran Khan’s political party, PTI, or his family took charge to explain my position in that situation, she complained.
Instead I was told to ignore the smear campaign by Pakistani media while Imran Khan thought all this will automatically come to an end, she added.
When asked about her relationship with Imran’s family, Reham told her husband’s sisters had categorically stated that they are against our marriage. They said I was not enough good to be their brother’s wife and they never welcomed me as his wife even after marriage, she explained.
Meanwhile my own brother was also not happy at my marriage with Imran Khan and I had to convince him for this, she said.
Commenting about her willingness to take over Imran Khan’s political party, the TV anchor said party’s senior leadership had told Imran Khan that they were uneasy in working with me. She further added that one of close aides of Imran Khan even said that he only wanted me to cook in the kitchen.
Dismissing the rumors of hitting her husband and not allowing his pet dogs in bedroom, Reham Khan said that her relationship with Imran Khan was much troubled in the last month of marriage at which they decided to part their ways finally.
Referring to her ‘black magic’ tweets, Reham said that I had found some suspicious papers of magical spells from Bani Gala residence. She however avoided telling further details about the person behind this.
I will be back in Pakistan very soon and resume my job as TV journalist, she said in answer to a question about her future plan.
Imran Khan, 62, married Reham Khan, 41, in January this year, after weeks long denial to claims of senior journalist Arif Nizami that said the couple was set to marry.
The couple formally tied knot in Islamabad and celebrated their valima at Khan’s residence in Bani Gala after months of speculation about secret marriage.
Reham, divorced mother-of-three, earlier lived in Britain and was associated with BBC as a weather host.
Imran Khan married to Jemima Goldsmith in May 1995. Jemima was a British writer and activist. They have two sons, Sulaiman Isa Khan and Qasim Khan. The marriage ended in divorce in 2004.
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021