COAS Bajwa, Chinese general discuss regional security, CPEC
RAWALPINDI - The Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited headquarters of China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and its chief General Han Weiguo on Monday.
Both commanders discussed the regional security environment, security of CPEC and bilateral security cooperation.
PLA Chief appreciated and acknowledged the high professional standing of Pakistan Army displayed while combating terrorism, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
He also appreciated the high degree of security being provided to CPEC by Pakistan Army.
Chinese General expressed his keen desire to benefit from Pakistan Army’s combat experience and also expand bilateral cooperation.
General Bajwa thanked his counterpart for hosting him. He expressed that both armies have the history of cooperation and there were vast avenues for further enhancing the same.
Earlier, upon arrival at PLA HQ, General Qamar Bajwa was presented guard of homour.
COAS is scheduled to meet Vice Chairman Central Military Commission (CMC), Gen Zhang Youxia.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020