COAS Bajwa, Chinese general discuss regional security, CPEC
RAWALPINDI - The Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited headquarters of China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and its chief General Han Weiguo on Monday.
Both commanders discussed the regional security environment, security of CPEC and bilateral security cooperation.
PLA Chief appreciated and acknowledged the high professional standing of Pakistan Army displayed while combating terrorism, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
He also appreciated the high degree of security being provided to CPEC by Pakistan Army.
Chinese General expressed his keen desire to benefit from Pakistan Army’s combat experience and also expand bilateral cooperation.
General Bajwa thanked his counterpart for hosting him. He expressed that both armies have the history of cooperation and there were vast avenues for further enhancing the same.
Earlier, upon arrival at PLA HQ, General Qamar Bajwa was presented guard of homour.
COAS is scheduled to meet Vice Chairman Central Military Commission (CMC), Gen Zhang Youxia.
- FM Qureshi reaches Kenya to participate in Pak-Africa Trade Conference01:17 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Roof collapse incident kills three of a family in Jhang11:17 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- WHO asks int’l community to remain calm on outbreak of coronavirus ...10:31 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- UNHCR appreciates Pakistan for hosting millions of Afghan refugees09:18 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019