US lauds Pakistan's economic progress in last three years
WASHINGTON (APP) - The United States appreciates performance of Pakistan's economy during the last three years.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of US Treasury Department Michael Kaplan said this during a delegation level talks with Pakistani officials led by Finance Secretary Dr. Waqar Masood in Washington.
The US official commended the structural reforms carried out by the government and hoped the government will continue to exercise fiscal discipline after the completion of the IMF program.
The Finance Secretary briefed US side about the 10th review of IMF program, which was cleared by IMF Board without a waiver.
He gave an overview of macroeconomic indicators with special mention of the improved revenue collection, which has helped in bringing fiscal deficit down to 4.3% from 8.2% in 2013.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020