Top Chinese legislature to scrutinise Pak-China treaty on repatriation of convicted criminals
BEIJING – The Standing Committee of the 13th National People’s Congress (NPC), China’s top legislature in its 17th session to be convened from April 26 to 29 in Beijing, will scrutinise a treaty on repatriation of convicted criminals between Pakistan and China.
In August 2014, regarding treaty on repatriation of convicted criminals, delegations from China and Pakistan held a negotiation in Islamabad. Both sides reached bilateral agreement on a series of provisions and initialled the text of the treaty, China Economic Net reported on Saturday.
In November 2018, under the witnessing of both Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang and Prime Minister Imran Khan, China’s justice Minister Fu Zhenghua and Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi officially signed the treaty in Beijing.
The treaty is considered as an important legal document on judicial assistance, which has laid a legal foundation for China and Pakistan to strengthen cooperation on the transfer of sentenced persons.
Once the treaty comes into force, cooperation between two countries that each side is able to transfer sentenced persons back to their own country, will set up in accordance to the treaty.
The bilateral treaty between China and Pakistan on repatriation of convicted criminals will come into force after being endorsed by top legislature of China and Pakistan.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020