Doctors perform 16 surgeries in mobile phones torch light in D I Khan
According to media reports, the operations were carried out in District Headquarters Hospital in D.I Khan City of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, owing to incessant power outages and generator breakdowns.
With no electricity at DHQ Hospital and generators out of order, there was no option but to do the unthinkable, claimed surgeon Dr Farooq. “The surgeries needed to be carried out. So we performed 16 surgeries in the torch light of the phones,” said surgeon Dr Farooq.
According to Deputy Medical Superintendent Dr. Fazlullah, the operations could not have been carried out, as there is no possibility of conducting 16 surgeries in five minutes.
The surgeons would never make such an irresponsible decision, he said, adding that the generators were available at the medical facility but may not be working when the operations were carried out.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022