FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of minorities in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Foreign Office on Saturday summoned a senior diplomat from the Indian High Commission to reject the mischievous portrayal by India of isolated, fabricated incidents involving Pakistani citizens as minorities' rights issues.
It was underscored that such machinations cannot divert attention from the criticism the Indian government is facing for its own discriminatory policies against minorities in India and the ongoing state terrorism in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The Indian side was conveyed that minorities in Pakistan enjoy full protections and rights under the constitution. It was emphasized that the legal system of Pakistan is fully capable of protecting the rights of all its citizens.
The Indian authorities were urged to refrain from feigning concern for minorities elsewhere for narrow political agenda; focus on putting their own house in order; and ensure effective protection of Indian minorities, including from frequent incidents of mob lynching and repeated hate crimes against minorities.
- Northern beat England’s MCC by 9 wickets08:41 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Modern challenges to UN peacekeepers require cohesive actions by ...08:26 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- British MP who criticised India on Article 370 denied entry, 'treated ...08:07 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Enablers set up very first Incubation Center in UMT05:13 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019