Setback for Imran Khan as LHC dismisses PTI’s disqualification plea against Punjab CM
The court reserved its verdict on maintainability of a petition of PTI chief Khan against Shehbaz Sharif, ruling that the petitioner should contact the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) over the issue.
In his petition, Khan had sought Sharif’s disqualification over alleged violation of his oath as member of the provincial assembly and doing unlawful business.
SC summons Imran Khan to justify money trail in ... 03:37 PM | 11 Jul, 2017
ISLMABAD - A three member bench of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice Saqib Nisar has summoned PTI Chairman ...
Khan’s counsel, Babar Awan gave his arguments before LHC judge Justice Shahid Kareem and alleged that CM Shehbaz Sharif remained involved in his private business despite holding a public office; thus he “violated his oath” that he took when he assumed the office of Punjab Chief Minister.
“Shehbaz Sharif…preferred his personal interest over national interest by abuse of his influence and through his official conduct as well as by misuse of his official decisions,” the petition said.
- Ex-CM Sindh Arbab Ghulam Rahim appointed as PM's aide on Sindh affairs02:56 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Sajid Sadpara scales K2 amid expedition to search father’s body02:25 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- ‘Americans are subject to residing country’s laws’, US embassy ...02:05 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Kubra Khan and Gohar Rasheed open up about their wedding plans01:45 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Engin Altan aka Ertugrul celebrates birthday party at beach12:37 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021