Pakistan approves 7% increase in prices of essential drugs
ISLAMABAD – The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) on Saturday approved a 7 per cent increase in the prices of essential drugs/biological and a 10 per cent increase in other medicines.
DRAP also notified increase in the prices of essential drugs and biologicals.
While manufacturers and importers may increase their existing MRP’s of essential drug/biologicals excluding lower-priced equal to 70 per cent increase in CPI with a cap of 7 per cent and MRPs of all other drugs/ biologicals and lower-priced drugs up to increase in CPI with a cap of 10 per cent increase in other medicines.
DRAP said the calculations of the revised Maximum Retail price (MRP) of the medicines would have to be submitted by the manufacturer or importer concerned, signed and stamped by Managing Director, Managing Partner or CEO or any other authorised person.
According to the notification, evidence for authenticity of existing MRPs to the Authority (Division of Costing and Pricing) Calculations of revised MRPs, duly singed and stamped by Managing Director or Managing Partner or CEO or any authorised person on his behalf, shall be submitte read the notification.
The government had allowed a 5.14% increase in prices of essential medicines and biologicals whereas it had allowed a 7.3410% increase in prices of other medicines.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020