COAS visits troops on forwards posts along Pak-Afghan Border
The COAS was briefed about progress on border fencing, sanitisation operation, socio-economic development projects and rehabilitation of TDPs, said a press release issued by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
This is the area where due to cross border terrorist attack from Afghanistan on the fencing party, three Pakistan Army soldiers had embraced martyrdom on May 1.
The Army Chief appreciated high morale of troops and their contributions for bringing about stability in the area. While Pakistan continues to play its positive role towards the success of the Afghan reconciliation process and peace in the region, we also stay ready for any unforeseen eventuality, he said.
He said for this Pakistan was solidifying border through fencing, construction of new forts and posts and increase in strength of Frontier Corps troops to effectively manage the border. Similarly, we continue to maintain the required state of alertness and preparedness on our Eastern Border, he said.
“There are still challenges facing Pakistan but not as much as we have passed through in recent past. To continue the journey towards ultimate success we need to stay patient, determined and united”, the COAS concluded.
- Fawad Chaudhry, Azam Swati served notices for levelling allegations ...07:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- SBP enables Pakistanis to open bank accounts through digital channels07:15 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Virat Kohli announces to step down as India’s T20I captain06:41 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UK decides about Pakistan’s red list status today06:23 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021