Pakistan itself is victim of terrorism, China tells India
China also took on the USA, saying it does not agree with interference of countries outside the South China Sea region in the ongoing dispute with its neighbouring countries.
"Pakistan is also a victim of terrorism.
In the past few years, Pakistan has been fighting terrorism with a lot of casualties," Rear Admiral Guan Youfei, Director General, Foreign Affairs Office in China's Ministry of National Defence, said here.
He was briefing reporters on the visit here of a 26-member Chinese military delegation headed by General Fan Changlong, Vice-Chairman of China's powerful Central Military Commission (CMC), which met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, among others.
Guan said that Pakistan has in the recent past started a military operation to fight terrorism with "positive achievements".
Asked how China can talk about increasing cooperation in counter-terrorism efforts when its 'all-weather friend' harbours and uses terrorists, he said, "China will continue to support Pakistan's efforts in fighting terrorism, especially in fighting the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement."
He added that the Chinese position on terrorism is that there should not be any "double standards".
"This is something we need to look into," he said without explaining who he was referring to.
Asserting that China opposes terrorism in any form, he said that his country will work towards deepening counter- terrorism cooperation with India.
- Saudi prince, delegation arrive Balochistan to hunt houbara bustards03:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Jordan’s top military leader calls on Pakistan Naval Chief to ...03:02 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- President confers Hilal-e-Imtiaz (M) on Jordanian military chief02:32 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Zaid Ali and wife Yumna are expecting their first child06:51 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021