Tableeghi Jamaat ameer Haji Abdul Wahab laid to rest in Raiwind
He had been under treatment at a private hospital in Lahore. His funeral prayers were offered after Maghrib prayers at Raiwind Ijtema Haveli, and later he was laid to rest in a graveyard adjacent to the TJ centre in Raiwind.
Maulana Nazarur Rehman led the funeral prayer, which was attended by a large number of devotees, clerics, members of the TJ council and people belonging to all walks of life.
He was born on January 1, 1923, in New Delhi, and completed his graduation from Islamia College Lahore.
He was the third chief of Tableeghi Jamaat. He was working as a district officer in British India when he joined the Tableeghi Jamat in 1944.
President of Pakistan, Dr Arif Alvi expressed his heartfelt condolences on Wahab's death, while praying for the departed soul.
I would like to express heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of Haji Abdul Wahab the Ameer of Tableeghi Jama'at. He spent his entire life spreading the message of Allah. May his soul rest in peace.— The President of Pakistan (@PresOfPakistan) November 18, 2018
Prime Minister Imran Khan, in a tweet, expressed grief and sorrow over Haji Wahab's demise. He offered his condolences to the bereaved family, and said Haji Wahab's services as a religious scholar will always be remembered.
Prayers and condolences on the passing of Ameer Tableeghi Jamaat Haji Abdul Wahab. He made a major contribution in spreading the message of Islam and peace; and he leaves behind a vacuum which cannot be filled easily.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 18, 2018
Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Noorul Haq Qadri expressed deep sorrow over Haji Wahab's demise.
"Haji Abdul Wahab's contribution to religious affairs will always be remembered," he said.
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry also expressed his sorrow over the Tableeghi Jamaat amir's death, according to Radio Pakistan.
محترم حاجی عبدالوہاب صاحب رائے ونڈ آج بروز اتوار صبح فجر کے وقت قضاے الہی سے انتقال فرما گئے ہیں ۔— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) November 18, 2018
انا لله وانا اليه راجعون۔ تبلیغ اور اسلام کے پیغام کے حوالے سے حاجی صاحب کی خدمات ان گنت ہیں امن اور سلامتی ان کی تبلیغ کا ماخذ رہے ۔۔ خدا مغفرت کرے آمین
He said Haji Abdul Wahab rendered innumerable services towards the preaching and spread of Islam's message. He recalled that the TJ leader always based his preaching on Islam's message of peace, and had proved through his conduct that sentiments of peace and love can bring lasting changes in the mindset and character of a person.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar also extended heartfelt condolences towards the grieving family.
Various PML-N leaders, including Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shahbaz, Amir Muqam and Marriyum Aurangzeb offered their condolences to the family of the deceased and acknowledged the amir's contributions to religious affairs.
Jamaat-i-Islami emir Sirajul Haq said that Haji Wahab spent his entire life in the service of Islam.
"His services in trying to spread Islam are irreplaceable," the JI chief added.
- Another US school shooting leaves 19 children dead11:22 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Islamabad police issue traffic plan ahead of PTI’s long march10:48 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Azadi March – Road blockades disrupt fuel supplies in parts of ...10:28 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Containment, arrests as Imran-led PTI marches on Islamabad today09:58 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan beat Sri Lanka women in 1st T-2009:15 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022