EU Parliament urges India, Pakistan to resolve Kashmir dispute peacefully
BRUSSELS - The members of the European Parliament has urged India and Pakistan to engage in a direct dialogue with a view to a peaceful solution of Kashmir dispute in full respect of the international human rights obligations.
Opening the debate on behalf of the High Representative of European Union for Foreign Affairs and Vice President of European Commission Ms Federica Mogherini, EU Minister Ms Tytti Tuppurainen said that no one could afford another escalation in Kashmir.
She said this is the only way to solve the long-lasting dispute to avoid instability and insecurity in the region, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The EU Minister underlined the importance of avoiding further escalation, saying our position on Kashmir remains unchanged.
She said freedom of movement and means of communication should be fully restored as well as access to all essential services.
Winding up the debate, Ms Tytti Tuppurainen said that the EU will continue to monitor closely the situation with a focus on de-escalation of the situation involving two nuclear powers.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019