Pakistan rejects inflammatory and irresponsible Indian statements on AJ&K
Foreign Office in a statement in Islamabad said coming from an occupying state, such irresponsible and belligerent statements has the potential to further escalate tensions and seriously jeopardize peace and security in the region.
The Foreign Office said the remarks are an obvious manifestation of India’s utter frustration over the continued international censure of its egregious human rights violations in the occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Pakistan called on the international community to take serious cognizance of India’s aggressive posturing about taking ‘physical jurisdiction’ of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
The statement added that Pakistan stands for peace, but will be ready to respond effectively to any act of aggression.
The Foreign Office said India today is also a unique and deplorable case of a state which promotes hate crimes against minorities and consistently fails to bring to account those who indulge in cow vigilantism, mob lynching and forced conversions and are guilty of violating India’s own laws.
Foreign Office said India must fully comply with UN Security Council resolutions for a final settlement of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- China rejects US diplomat's 'negative propaganda' against CPEC ...08:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019