Baber Awan not responsible for Nandipur project delay, NAB witness informs court
Dr Baber Awan again submitted a petition seeking his acquittal in the reference pertaining to loss of Rs27 billion due to delay in Nandipur Power Project.
During the hearing on Friday, the ministry also submitted all relevant record of Nandipur Power Project to the court.
NAB’s witness Tanveer Barlas recorded his statement before the judge and said once the file of Nandipur Power Project was come in law ministry on March 3, 2010 during the tenure of Dr Baber Awan and it was passed on same day. The former minister was not responsible for delay in project execution, he said.
The witness also produced some relevant record before the judge.
The defense counsel objected over the documents produced by the accused and said these documents were not prepared in presence of the accused.
After this, the court summoned more witnesses on April 23, for testimony and adjourned the case.
The court had testified about three witnesses so far. Former Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf had also been nominated by NAB as accused in this case.
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022