PIA employee held at Heathrow Airport for carrying 12 smartphones
According to PIA spokesperson, the employee — identified as Shahbaz — was asked to step off from the carrier before the PK-758 Lahore bound flight was cleared for take-off.
A PIA flight steward has been off loaded frm PK758 London-Lahore flight & under investigationd by UK Customs on allegation of smuggling mobile phones. So far no charges have been framed against him. If found guilty a strict action from PIA will be taken as per rules & regulations— PIA (@Official_PIA) August 18, 2018
Shahbaz is under UK Customs officials’ custody, the spokesperson stated.
The spokesperson further added that PIA will make its strategy after the British authorities issue their report regarding the incident.
The PIA employee is currently under investigation.
PIA employees held at London for carrying stolen ... 03:26 PM | 13 Oct, 2015
LONDON (Staff Report) - Two employees of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) have been suspended after they were ...
This is not the first time national flag carrier crew was questioned after found involved in illegal activities. In March 2018, a French court awarded two years imprisonment to two stewards of flag carrier in drugs smuggling case.
Drugs smuggling: Two PIA flight stewards get 2 ... 01:08 PM | 13 Mar, 2018
PARIS - A French court on Tuesday awarded two years imprisonment to two stewards of flag carrier in drugs smuggling ...
Similarly, in 2015, two employees of Pakistan's national flag carrier were arrested by British authorities for carrying stolen mobile phones.
- Will talk to India's Modi on Kashmir issue, Trump tells PM Imran in ...10:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- PSO and UBER sign exclusive strategic agreement10:30 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Parents' pre-pregnancy exposure to pollution may impact children ...10:16 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Bangladesh squad to reach Pakistan on Wednesday after 12 years gap08:38 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha's release stopped: Khoosat move LHC against TLP ...06:15 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- The team of "Zindagi Tamasha" cancels Karachi meet and greet03:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019