South Punjab: Seasonal Influenza death toll climbs to 35 in a month
Multan Health Department spokesperson said that the casualties occurred in Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and Bahawalpur due to the epidemic.
Around 106 cases surfaced in Multan since December 15, while 24 patients, being treated in Nishtar Hospital, have died. As many as ten more patients are still under treatment in the hospital.
Six patients lost their lives due to seasonal influenza in Rahim Yar Khan since Dec 15, while six patients are being treated at Sheikh Zayed Hospital.
Five women and a man died of the disease in Bahawalpur in the past one month.
Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif has already taken notice of the epidemic directing the relevant authorities to take all possible measures for its prevention. He also advised them to organise awareness campaign regarding the illness.
Seasonal influenza spreads through contact with the bacteria discharged by an infected person's coughing and sneezing. Pregnant women, senior citizens, and children are most vulnerable to the disease.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Falak Shabir wins hearts as new video with Alyana goes viral01:15 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022