South Punjab: Seasonal Influenza death toll climbs to 35 in a month
Multan Health Department spokesperson said that the casualties occurred in Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and Bahawalpur due to the epidemic.
Around 106 cases surfaced in Multan since December 15, while 24 patients, being treated in Nishtar Hospital, have died. As many as ten more patients are still under treatment in the hospital.
Six patients lost their lives due to seasonal influenza in Rahim Yar Khan since Dec 15, while six patients are being treated at Sheikh Zayed Hospital.
Five women and a man died of the disease in Bahawalpur in the past one month.
Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif has already taken notice of the epidemic directing the relevant authorities to take all possible measures for its prevention. He also advised them to organise awareness campaign regarding the illness.
Seasonal influenza spreads through contact with the bacteria discharged by an infected person's coughing and sneezing. Pregnant women, senior citizens, and children are most vulnerable to the disease.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021