France to provide €50.2m for rehabilitation of Pakistan hydropower projects
Secretary, Economic Affairs Division Noor Ahmed, Ambassador of France to Pakistan, Marc Barety, and Country Director of the French Agency for Development (AFD), Jacky Amprou signed the Credit Facility Agreement in Islamabad on Friday.
The amount will be spent to upgrade the obsolete and vulnerable machinery with the state-of-the-art technology, enhance the capacity of the existing Power Stations of Dargai and Chitral. This will help enhance the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity keeping in view the future requirements of the region.
The Secretary Economic Affairs Division thanked the French government and AFD for extending the financial assistance to Pakistan.
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Chuno Apna Raasta – Airlift embodies its promise at the workplace05:59 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- AIOU declares results of BS programs semester autumn 201905:25 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Gold prices reach Rs96,300 per tola in Pakistan04:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019