NAB unveils multiple grounds for arrest of Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB), announced a host of reasons on Thursday on the basis of which former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was arrested.
In an official letter, it has been announced by the accountability watchdog that the former premier misused his authority as a minister in the selection of M/S QED consultant as international consultant for completion of bidding process for establishment of LNG terminal-1 in violation of 'procurement of consultancy services regulations, 2010'.
The anti-graft body also stated that Abbasi misued his authority in entrusting LNG related activities to ISGS for establishment of LNG terminal-1 instead of SSGCL adding that the politician handlicked legal firm Maverick Advisory for attachment with M/S QED consultant for preparation of bidding documents.
The NAB investigation officer, Malik Zubair Ahmed alleged that the lawmaker used his influence during negotiations of LNG sale agreement; the accountability watchdog also found the 'exorbitant' capacity charges suspicious.
LNG contract case: Ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi ... 05:49 PM | 19 Jul, 2019
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in Pakistan’s federal capital has granted 13-day physical remand of former ...
You willfully and mala fidely failed to exercise your authority to prevent a colossal loss of Rs 1.544 billion for idle days plus other losses due to exorbiotant capacity charges, the NAB letter said and confirmed that Abbasi was linked with the commission of offence.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) - which arrested the former premier on Thursday - also stated that there was a likelihood of record destruction by Abbasi.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019