Public private partnership inevitable to improve defence industry, stresses COAS Bajwa
RAWALPINDI – Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said there is a need for an enhanced public-private partnership to make Pakistan defence industry into vibrant, self-reliant and self-sustained entity.
He was addressing a two-day National Seminar on "Defence Production-Security through Self Reliance" held in Rawalpindi on Friday.
The Army chief said that apart from the public sector and defence production organisations, a fully integrated private sector in our defence industry is much wanting.
"There is a need to amplify indigenization through fully integrated Public and Private Organizations in Defence production for meaningful progression in defence of the country."
Based on discussion and suggestions during the two days long sessions, the seminar concluded with policy-level recommendations for the government.
Major recommendations included the establishment of a Task Force under Prime Minister for road-map to facilitating indigenous defence production, establishing raw material industry, incorporating private sector for the raw material base so as to optimally utilise public sector capacity for indigenous defence production.
It was proposed that the surplus defence potential may be exported. The "Digital Parks" should be established to tap software industry potential and research and development may be promoted in the universities.
Representatives from public sector discussed and suggested way forward for public-private partnership in defence production. Speaking on the occasion, Minister for Defence Production Zobaida Jalal and Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhary Fawad Hussain shared their views and suggestions for development of Pakistan Defence Industry into a prolific entity.
Representatives from private sectors shared a roadmap for enhancing public-private partnership in defence production.
Mr Abdul Razak Dawood, Advisor to PM on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production and Investment of Pakistan enlightened the participants on the importance of independent Defence Industry for National Security.
Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa thanked participants for giving time to an important issue concerning national security.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019