Pakistan calls for UN action to combat Islamophobia and hate speech
She said an inevitable consequence is to fan the flames of bigotry, intolerance, anti-Muslim hatred and xenophobia.
At UN , responding to UNSG’s Strategy & Plan of Action on Hate Speech, unveiled today. Reiterated Prime Minister Imran Khan’s call for urgent action to counter anti-Muslim hatred or Islamophobia. I called Islamophobia the most prevalent expression of racism & religious hatred pic.twitter.com/K8qZqdQIeC— Maleeha Lodhi (@LodhiMaleeha) June 18, 2019
Maleeha Lodhi said that Prime Minister Imran Khan has recently called for urgent action to counter Islamophobia, which is today the most prevalent expression of racism and hatred against ‘the other’.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on the occasion said the UN Strategy and Plan of Action provides a system-wide programme with the overriding objective of identifying, preventing and confronting hate speech.
- Azam Swati questions ECP’s decision to serve him show-cause notice12:48 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- No reason to doubt Taliban’s intentions, says ISPR DG12:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan extremely vulnerable to climate change, PM Imran tells world ...12:10 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- vivo Pakistan committed to enriching people's lives with superior ...09:40 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021