Shehbaz Sharif's use of PM's plane under NAB scrutiny
According to well-placed sources, the accountability watchdog would quiz Fawad Hassan Fawad, who was serving as principal secretary to then prime minister Nawaz Sharif at the time, in this regard.
They said Fawad had granted the permission and the Opposition Leader in the National Assembly would be summoned for questioning at a later stage.
"The bureau wants to know why the then prime minister allowed the then chief minister to use his plane, and how many times such permission was granted and under which rules," the source detailed.
Sources say, the anti-graft body has formed a combined investigation team (CIT) and launched a formal probe into the allegations and a letter has also been dispatched to PM House seeking the usage records for the plane from 2014 to 2018.
Shahbaz Sharif who secured bail from the Lahore High Court in the Ashiana-i-Iqbal Housing Scheme and Ramzan Sugar Mills cases, is facing multiple corruption cases.
Prime Minister Imran Khan is also facing a probe by NAB regarding the use of chopper meant for Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He appeared before the body in August last year, before assuming office.
Former Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa CM Pervez Khattak and other officials have already recorded their statement in the case.
NAB Chairman retired Justice Javed Iqbal had directed the bureau’s KP director general to conduct an inquiry against former CM Pervez Khattak and Imran Khan over 74-hours unofficial use of two government helicopters.
In a statement, the PTI had welcomed NAB’s investigation into alleged misuse of the helicopter and stated that it always supports fair probe.
On Feb 3 last year, Imran Khan said that the KP government had made clear that there was never any personal or private use of government helicopters by him. He also said that NAB was most welcome to examine the issue.
The KP govt has made clear there was never any personal or private use of the govt heli by me. We welcome NAB examining this issue and hope it will also look into abuse of official planes, helis etc by Zardaris and Sharifs. pic.twitter.com/LncQrjTRk5— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) February 3, 2018
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from six South African countries, Hong Kong over ...07:50 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021