PM Nawaz inaugurates Pakistan-China Optical Fiber Cable Project in Gilgit
This landmark telecommunication project is part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), according to details.
Federal Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit Baltistan Barjees Tahir, Minister of State for Information Technology Anusha Rehman, Gilgit-Baltistan Governor Mir Ghazanfar Ali Khan and GB Chief Minister Hafiz Hafeez-ur-Rehman were also present on the occasion.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony, the premier said that the project will further improve connectivity in Gilgit-Baltistan. Soon the people of this territory will also enjoy 3G and 4G services, he added.
The Optical Fiber Cable project will cost US$44 million and will be completed in two years, according to details. The Special Communication Organization will lay 820 kilometre long cable from Rawalpindi to Khunjarab.
On completion, the project will provide an alternate telecommunication route between Pakistan and China.
The force, comprising three hundred personnel, will help ensure safe and smooth flow of traffic on the 439-kilometer chunk of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project in Gilgit. China has gifted twenty-five vehicles to the force.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019