Wife of Gen (r) Hamid Gul passes away
ISLAMABAD - Former Director General Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt. Gen (r) Hamid Gul's wife passed away on Saturday.
Son of Gen (R) Hamid Gul, Abdullah Hamid Gul said her mother was suffering from cancer and had also undergone around 17 major and minor surgeries.
She was also facing severe health complications due to cancer and breath her last this morning at the age of 78 years, he added.
Abdullah Gul who also holds the office of Chairman Tehreek-e-Jawanan Pakistan and Kashmir (TJP) said funeral of her mother would be held at Army Graveyard Racecourse Rawalpindi on Sunday (October 20) after Zohar prayer (2:30pm sharp).
Hamid Gul, who died in August 2015, served as director-general ISI between 1987 and 1989 during the late and post-stages of the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019