Wife of Gen (r) Hamid Gul passes away
ISLAMABAD - Former Director General Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt. Gen (r) Hamid Gul's wife passed away on Saturday.
Son of Gen (R) Hamid Gul, Abdullah Hamid Gul said her mother was suffering from cancer and had also undergone around 17 major and minor surgeries.
She was also facing severe health complications due to cancer and breath her last this morning at the age of 78 years, he added.
Abdullah Gul who also holds the office of Chairman Tehreek-e-Jawanan Pakistan and Kashmir (TJP) said funeral of her mother would be held at Army Graveyard Racecourse Rawalpindi on Sunday (October 20) after Zohar prayer (2:30pm sharp).
Hamid Gul, who died in August 2015, served as director-general ISI between 1987 and 1989 during the late and post-stages of the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020