Wife of Gen (r) Hamid Gul passes away
ISLAMABAD - Former Director General Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt. Gen (r) Hamid Gul's wife passed away on Saturday.
Son of Gen (R) Hamid Gul, Abdullah Hamid Gul said her mother was suffering from cancer and had also undergone around 17 major and minor surgeries.
She was also facing severe health complications due to cancer and breath her last this morning at the age of 78 years, he added.
Abdullah Gul who also holds the office of Chairman Tehreek-e-Jawanan Pakistan and Kashmir (TJP) said funeral of her mother would be held at Army Graveyard Racecourse Rawalpindi on Sunday (October 20) after Zohar prayer (2:30pm sharp).
Hamid Gul, who died in August 2015, served as director-general ISI between 1987 and 1989 during the late and post-stages of the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020