Top UK general acknowledges Pakistan Army's efforts for regional peace
RAWALPINDI – General Sir Nicholas Patrick Carter, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) UK, on Monday acknowledged Pakistan Army's continued efforts for regional peace and stability particularly Pakistan’s efforts for Afghanistan peace process and achievements in fight against terrorism.
He, according to ISPR, expressed it when he called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Matters of mutual interest including strengthening of bilateral security and defence cooperation between the two armies were discussed during the meeting.
Earlier today, Ambassador of Switzerland to Pakistan and Afghanistan Benedict de Cerjat called Pakistan Army chief at the General Headquarters.
The meeting discussed matters of mutual interest and regional security situation.
The Swiss envoy appreciated the bilateral relations enjoyed between both countries and pledged to further improve the same. He also acknowledged Pakistan’s contribution for conflict prevention in the region.
- Multiple causalities feared after ‘large explosion’ at UK ...07:43 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Over 50 arrested for violating COVID-19 SOPs at Peshawar metro ...06:57 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Nobel laureate Malala joins TikTok for a noble cause02:52 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020